Wednesday 1 February 2012

Nikon1, V1 plus FT-1 lens adapter, Nikon 1000mm Reflex lens

I have seen quite a few posts with various lenses attached to the Nikon 1-V1 camera via The FT-1 Lens adapter.
So I thought I would have a shot at attaching my Nikon 1000mm f11 Reflex lens on to my Nikon1 V1 camera via the FT-1 adapter. Giving me in the region of 3000mm shot.


So from the top of Blackford Hill in Edinburgh I shot across the City to St Giles Cathedral Spire which is pretty much in the centre of Edinburgh which was a distance of 1.8 miles,  measurements courtesy of  Google earth.


So here are a couple of pics the first was shot with a D700 and 70-200mm f2.8 at maximum zoom. I have indicated the approximate Nikon V1 shot with a red rectangle.


The second shot is with the Nikon V1 with the Nikon 1000mm f11 reflex. Given that the Nikon 1000mm reflex is a decidedly soft lens I was quite impressed with the results anyhow I did apply some sharpening  and some contrast. I was also very pleased to have caught a guy scrambling about on the roof, what where the chances of that. 





1 comment:

  1. Do you have any other shots you took with this set up?

    ReplyDelete