Tuesday 8 November 2011

Loch Ness photo shoot

Loch Ness photo shoot

I received a very nice commission from a Dutch boating magazine called Waterkampioen. The brief was to shoot the a rented family cruiser at various views on Loch Ness mainly at Urquhart castle and to take in some local places to eat and drink. It was a good shoot however Loch Ness produced some typical monstrous weather so it was a bit of a challenge as the light changed constantly as did the rain direction and amount.
Camera equipment was a Nikon D700, D 7000, f2.8 70-200mm and F2.8 24-70mm. I usually have another D700 but that was out of commission and being repaired so it was a bit of an experiment using the D7000 with FX lenses.
My main concern was the lashing rain would cause problems on the D7000 as its not as waterproof as the D700. Although I was doing my best to keep it dry it still received a soaking but it coped fine with the dampness.



































No comments:

Post a Comment